This year has been a year of much uncertainty. With uncertainty, our mind, body, spirit, and soul can get out of alignment. When we are out of alignment our thinking is altered and we are unable to have the right thoughts fear begins to set in and it is difficult to have faith or to know that something good is going to happen. Also, we may have difficulty taking care of our bodies and providing the needed self-care. Fear can be numbing; we can become stuck without being able to take needed action. This build-up can cause an increase in anxiety and depression. The fear can center around many themes such as the well-being of our loved ones and ourselves. The factors that never really were a problem such as visiting someone, shaking hands, giving your children a hug is now a risk or can be a threat.
Now the most important things are:
- Wearing a mask
- Hand sanitizer/washing your hands
- Keeping your distance
There is an increased focus on safety.
Maslow developed a hierarchy of needs that begin with:
- Physiological Needs
- Self Actualization
We can all agree that our needs have increased with the current events. So how are we going to care for ourselves and still live to the fullest.
Here are some suggestions:
- Connect with God power through faith
- Pray daily, set positive intentions for your life
- Setup a feel-good routine that is positive
- Engage in life building activities
- Set your mind up with right thinking thoughts that nurture you
- Connect with a support circle
- Eliminate negative speaking, thinking and actions
- Change your perception to good happens to me
- Cast your burdens and fear on the Higher Power
- Do an inventory of your life and add positives
- Establish core values to live by and apply